Finally I found out the reason behind the “gender confusion” from my last journal entry and it’s embarrassing for me. Here it is: As I know now the graphics I showed you from my Google Analytics page was not a depiction of the actual results but only an example of how such a depiction might look like IF I were to make the right adjustment to my code so Google could actually track this.
I guess this shows that I’m too dumb to read the fine print. In my defense I can only say I was misled by the fact that they showed the graph in my “Reporting” section mixed with the actual results. My mistake was to not read to the bottom of the page where they clearly say “your Analytics tracking code does not include the necessary support to show them.” (But they still show a green check-mark next to it, see screenshot)
But reading through your comments was interesting anyway although I can’t answer all of them. A lot of people were wondering how many of the visitors answered the poll on dA. It was only 0.02% (I had 190’000 visitors in this period). This basically means that we were comparing a result that wasn't a result to a result that was highly unrepresentative. Very smart.
Of course I now tried the “Validate tracking code”-link you can see on the screenshot but so far without success. Even tough I still did not learn about the sex ratio of my visitors, I did learn something: “The man who doesn’t read has no advantage over the man who can’t read.” (Mark Twain)